Don't you love Alex's outfit? It was a pretty rocky beach and after a while his feet started to hurt so he wanted his shoes on.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
A Day at the Beach
We went to Sherwood Island State Park today with our play group. It is a State park that is on the Long Island Sound. We arrived at about 9 AM at low tide to look at the tide pools. We ended up staying until after 12:00. It was such a fun day. The kids just played and I didn't really have to chase them. They loved splashing in the water, and I think I did a pretty good job of chilling out and just letting them play, rather worry about how dirty they were getting.




Don't you love Alex's outfit? It was a pretty rocky beach and after a while his feet started to hurt so he wanted his shoes on.
Everyone had a great time, but of course Alex had to add a bit of his own drama as usual. I was about 30 ft away from the water watching the kids. They were being really good not to go in too deep. Then, Alex tripped and fell in the water. He was drenched. If that wasn't bad enough, he kept tripping and his face kept going in the water and he couldn't stand up. By the second trip I was on my way to help him, and by the third trip I was running my chubby pregnant self down to the water to grab him. I was then soaked pretty much from my shoulders down. My pants were wet because I was in the water and the rest of me was wet because of course Alex made me hold him for a while after that. It took about 5 minutes and then he was back to himself again. I can't wait to go again! I have heard there are some great beaches about an hour from here, so we are excited to try those too!
Don't you love Alex's outfit? It was a pretty rocky beach and after a while his feet started to hurt so he wanted his shoes on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
go you. that is awesome that you just let them play. More fun for you and them. I am jealous that you have the beach so close.
Post a Comment