Friday, January 2, 2009

The Ward Roller Skating Party

WARNING: LOTS OF NEW POSTS. We just got home so I am finally getting around to posting about our whole trip.


Every year my parents ward rents out Classic Skating. They have been doing it since about 1970 and I always remember looking forward to it. This year we invited Mario and Chelsea to come with us. We were so glad they were able to come with us. Everyone had a blast.
Alex was able to skate all by himself. As soon as his skates were on he just took of. He didn't wait for anyone to help he just started skating. He is like Brandon, good at everything... it's annoying. :) Brayden is pretty good too, but still not as coordinated or as daring as Alex. Brayden mostly like to borrow Mira and Boyd's scooters, so thankfully they were nice enough to share.







I had to put this picture on. When we got on the airplane to come home our TV's were the only ones on the whole airplane that were broken. The flight attendants were nice enough to try and find us new seats. They found us a whole row together, but as we were getting ready to move, Alex fell asleep. Not wanting to rock the boat, Brandon offered to stay on the crappy row with Alex while Brayden and I moved. I turned on a movie for Brayden and just before he fell asleep I took this picture. Notice Buzz Lightyear tucked in his seat belt. What is even better, is Alex slept for 3 hours of the 4 1/2 flight and Brayden slept for 3 1/2 hours. It was the best flight ever! I might actually think about traveling with my kids again.

2 comments:

Brammer Family said...

What an AWESOME ward tradition!!!

Unknown said...

looks so fun!! I wish we could have come!! ooh, congrats on the flight...they must have sensed it was time to give you a break! lol
Thanks for visiting!! I miss you!