Saturday, November 29, 2008

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

We thought it would be fun this year to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We woke up at 5 AM. It was so early, the boys were not happy to be up that early. We met up with our friends the Leavitts, luckily they knew where they were going so we could follow them. We parked near the Temple. I was happy that we were able to see it. We missed it on our last trip to the city. Then we found a place to watch the parade. When we first got there I thought we were pretty far back and that we wouldn't be able to see much. As time went on waiting for the parade to start I realized how close we really were. People were stacked up at least 50 feet behind us. There wasn't even standing room. I have never been in a crowd like that. Mom, you would have hated it! I had Alex on my shoulders for a majority of the parade, Brayden was rotated between Brandon and our friend Thomas' dad's shoulders. He was so nice to help. Those boys get pretty heavy pretty quickly. We are so glad we went, we may never do it again but it was something I never thought I would do. Brandon's favorite part of the parade was the Horton balloon of course, we are reaping the benefits because that movie was successful. My favorite was the Smurf balloon. Brayden looked at us like we were crazy when we were talking about them, he had no idea who they were. Also, I was excited we got a good picture of David Archuleta for my sister in law. Brayden's favorite part was the Choo Choo Train. This is random because he never mentioned it while we were there but now that is what he says everytime I asked him what his favorite part was. Alex's favorite part was playing with mom's hair while he was on her shoulders. I can guarantee that part wasn't even on mommy's top ten.
After the parade we went to the Leavitt's for Thanksgiving dinner. They were so nice to invite us even though they had company in town. It was so great to be with friends. All though we missed out families, it was a great day!

2 comments:

Tamber said...

That looks like so much fun. I am glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving. We are excited to see you when you are in town.

Unknown said...

How cute! Glad to see Smurf's are hangin in there lol. Miss u!