Ever since Alex learned to climb out of the crib, bedtime has been a nightmare! It is 11:00 P.M. and my boys are still awake! This is the worst it has been, I am at my limit! At one point I heard noise so I went in to check and they were sharing a pillow and Brayden had his arm wrapped around Alex snuggling him! (unfortunately, I didn't get a picture) Cute? Yes. Obnoxious? Yes. How do you reason with a 15 month old? Anyways, if anyone has any more advice, thanks for all those that have given some already, I could use it!
3 comments:
I feel your pain Laura! That's when Wally learned to climb out, and we had to put him in a bed so he wouldn't hurt himself trying to get out.
We extra childproofed the room and then blocked him in at night (you could use a baby gate) because I was afraid that even after he went to sleep in the middle of the night he would wake up while I was still asleep and have access to the whole house unsupervised, and at 15 months that could be dangerous!
This comment makes me sound paranoid, but 15 months old is still a baby. Aww, give them kisses for me, and I wish you would have gotten a picture of the brotherly snuggle.
Oh bless you! Sleep deprivation is the worst! I'm sorry.
Your blog is darling!!! And that pic is gorgeous of your family at the top- you all look spectacular.
As for advice, My Jonas is too little to crawl out yet, so I haven't gone through it yet, but I have a quote (yes, from Kung Fu Panda...haha) that has helped me when I struggle with other things:
Yesterfay is History, Tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
I guess it reminds me that I am lucky to have the day with my boys and to relax and enjoy it- despite the stuff that would otherwise drive me crazy!
I have no idea if that is helpful! Thanks for leaving a comment- your blog is a lot of fun.
-Kristen Harmon
I am so sorry. When Emma started climbing out, we started putting her in a toddler bed. I would just do what you did with Brayden and put his mattress on the floor, then you just have to have the same routine and keep putting him back into his bed. He will eventually get the idea. We did it with Emma at that age, and it worked for a while (until I got lazy).
Did you watch the biggest looser last night? I am excited for it. We will have to have a girls night and you can come watch it with all of us.
Good Luck with Alex!
Post a Comment