My mom helps run a cooking school in American Fork and I was lucky enough to take a 6 week class that teaches you how to cook from your food storage. It is so much fun, I would recommend it to anyone. I promised some friends.. a really long time ago.. that I would post this recipe because it is so yummy!
Baked Oatmeal
3 c. quick rolled oats
2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1/3 c melted butter (can also use 1/4 c)
1 c. brown sugar
1 t. ground cinnamon
1 c. milk
2 eggs beaten
Mix all indgredients together and pour into a buttered 9X9 baking pan. Bake 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Serve with warm milk or applesauce. For variety, swirl in jam, peanut butter or flavored syrup. Chopped dried fruits or nuts add a nice texture.
I also think that if you add chocolate chips. And serve it with ice cream, it makes a yummy dessert! Check out thewoodenspooncookingschool.com for more yummy classes
2 comments:
Yes, random stalker post, but I happened across your blog and just wanted to say hi to Brandon (and his wife, crazy!) I was friends with him for a little while in Rexburg before my family moved away.
Your kids are gorgeous!
Another random commentor...I hit your blog by clicking "next" from mine, and you made me laugh! The banging comment from your son was hysterical. AND I NEEDED AN OATMEAL RECIPE! How weird is that???
:)
Meg
Post a Comment