Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Hike


On our last day in Boulder we decided to go on a hike. Russell and Heather and done it before and Heather said it was pretty level and easy. It was 6 miles round trip. I thought to myself, I walk 3 miles everyday with my neighbors so I know it won't be too bad, especially if it is level. Well turns out the trail wasn't level. It went up and down the whole way, which meant that the return trip was just as difficult as the the trip to the waterfall. Also, we were walking on sand for most of the trail. The waterfall was gorgeous and the kids had so much fun playing the water. Wally who is three was such a trooper. He walked the whole way to the waterfall and I didn't hear a peep from him! Thankfully on the way home Grandpa and Russell took turns holding him so he didn't have to walk the whole way. Speaking of Grandpa and Russell, they deserve the Team Player award, they were always willing to hold whoever needed a rest never complaining! Kudos to you!! Although it was a long hard walk I had so much fun! On a personal note, I carried Alex in a backpack (Thank you Russ and Heather) for the entire 6 miles. Taking in account his weight the weight of the back pack and the three bottles of water that was in the bottom of the pack, I was carrying about the same amount of weight that I have lost in the last 4 months. It was a pretty big accomplishment for myself, especially since I am not known in my family for my hiking skills!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You go girl! Dude, I want in on that walking group! First I'll walk to provo - then walk the 3 miles with you. :D

What time of day do you do it? Do you bring kids?