First, he started throwing up at 1 AM on Tuesday morning. I went and got him cleaned up and he went running back to his bed literally jumped in and went back to sleep. Then 39 min later I hear a sweet voice from his room, "Mommy, I am going to poop again..." I got in there in just enough time to pick him up and run him to the bathroom. He tries again to run to his bed, but I had already decided to bring him down to the couch with a bowl and sleep with him. So I told him to go downstairs, get on the couch, and I would be there as soon as I got his bed cleaned up. He just looks and me, smiles and says, "I'm going to hide." WHO IS THIS KID? You have the stomach flu and you want to play hide and seek at 1:30 in the morning? Crazy. He did hide, and jumped out and growled at me when I came down stairs.
Later in the day he realized he really didn't feel good and I kept finding him asleep on his special Lighting McQueen couch. The other funny thing about Alex is he has this catch phrase that he says when he likes something. "I like it!" You have to hear it to know how funny it is, but he says it with everything. For example, when Amber accidentally left her Coke unattended and we came in to find Alex chugging it as fast as he could. She took it away, and before he even caught his breath he said, "I like it." (Seriously you have to hear him say it, it is hilarious!) Anyways, later in the day he was feeling pretty bad and I was holding a garbage for him to throw up in, because that was the only thing in reach at the time, in between heaves he looks us at me and says, "I don't like it." I tried hard not to laugh, but it was just so funny.
The poor kid is finally starting to feel better, luckily the rest of us only got pieces of what he had and we are all finally on the mend. I feel a little guilty though because it was so nice not to have to chase him for a couple of days. A couple of lazy movie days were so nice!
The day he started to feel better he came downstairs from nap time dressed like this. He was so proud that he got himself dressed.
2 comments:
Aww poor baby!!
Great couple of posts. Alex cracks me up, and I loved the outfit he picked. I love that he played hide and seek at 1:30 am. Life is never boring is it? Also, I love the comment from Brandon about the bunkbeds...such a guy thing to think logically and un-emotionally about things :). What would we do without them?
Post a Comment