Monday, April 13, 2009

I LOST ALEX!

Can I tell you how much I love this boy?!? He is so loving, fun, and keeps my life really interesting. He is also too fast for me! I teach the CTR 5 class, when church is over I keep the kids until their parents come get them. No one ever gets out on time in our Ward so sometimes I am waiting for a long time. So we always pick up Brayden and Alex from their classes and bring them to my room while we wait. Yesterday, I had one little boy left, and it had been over 10 minutes since everyone else got out so we decided to go find his parents. I grabbed his hand and told Brandon we were going to go. Alex ran out ahead of me and I watched him run to the end of the hallway. When we got to the end of the hallway, he was gone. I couldn't see him anywhere. I told Brandon to find Alex, and I would take Brayden with me to go find the other little boy's parents. We walked up stairs, and through a couple of rooms until I finally found this boy's mom. Then I decided to go find Brandon.
He had just gotten to the top of the stairs when I saw him. Alex wasn't with him. He said he looked everywhere and he wasn't down there. I handed him Brayden and told him I would go down and look again. I ran down the stairs and started looking in every class room. There were three doors that led to the outside, I pushed them but I didn't think that he would be able to open them by himself. I saw my friend in the hallway and asked if she had seen Alex. She said no, and that is when I started to cry. This is my biggest fear. Losing one of my kids in a public place, albeit church, pretty safe you would think. I never found him. I decided to run back up the stairs and tell someone so others could help us find him. As I got to the top of the stairs I saw Brayden and he said, "Mommy, we found Alex!" I was so relieved. There he was in Brandon's arms. I immediately took him and was crying some more. (So embarrassing!) Then my wonderful Visiting Teacher/Primary President came over and gave me a hug. It turns out she saw Alex outside and brought him in to Brandon. I am so glad he was ok, I was so scared. Even last night as I was going to bed Brandon asked if I was ok yet. After a good night's sleep I can safely say I am less traumatized, but seriously thinking about buying a leash.

3 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Man, I don't care where it is (even church) when your child is lost it is the scariest thing!

I lost Lily at our church and while everyone else was calm (because we're at the church, there should be a care) I was freakin' out!

Now a days, it doesn't matter where you are...weirdo's are EVERYWHERE!

Whew! :)

janae said...

I'm so glad everything turned out okay! Even at church that can be so terrifying. Losing my kids is one of my biggest fears, too. I once lost Seara just after we moved into our new house. Nearly everything around us was under construction and full of questionable looking men. I about died. It took me a good 15 minutes to find her, and when I did I was absolutely panicked. Such a scary experience!

Tamber said...

there have been a couple of times where Marcus has dissapeared from my vision for seconds, and I freak out. Those little boys can be so fast.