Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Going to the Zoo

Alex got this book at Christmas from one of his cousins, it is one of their favorite books now. I have to read it at least once a day! After we were done reading it today we decided to go to the zoo.

It was too cold to go to the real zoo so we decided to make our own. We gathered up all our animals, or pets as Brayden calls them, and we put them in cages. (the chairs are cages)



Then we went around and visited all the animals. Brayden told me what sound every animal made and what kind of food they ate. He was also really worried that the tiger was going to bite Alex.
Here he is feeding the giraffe peanuts, I tried to explain that I didn't think giraffes ate peanuts, but I am just the mom, what do I know.
Then we got out our Zoo coloring book and they colored zoo animals.
We had a lot of fun at the Zoo today, hopefully when it is warmer we can go to the real zoo soon.

5 comments:

Brandon May said...

thats soo cool.. I want to go to the zoo when I come home.

janae said...

What a cute idea!!! I love your giraffe stuffed animal, too. I think I just might copy you. Except with more lame animals. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun mom you are!

Rachel Sue said...

Such a fun idea! My kids would love this.

Unknown said...

i'm coming over - you're house is funner than mine!