Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rhode Island

On Saturday we set out to run some errands. After getting the kids in the car Brandon randomly says, "Wanna go to Rhode Island?" So I run back upstairs and grab the Portable DVD player for the kids with their favorite movies, we stop by the store for some snacks, and off we go.
We drove for about 2 1/2 hours to Providence. We drove around downtown, and stopped at their Capitol Building, it was really pretty. It was really cold so mostly we just drove around and looked at old buildings. We were going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory but at 2:00 in the afternoon it had about 1 1/2 hour wait, so we opted for Chili's. Then we drove home. So random but really fun, next time I want to research a place before we go so that we actually have something we want to see.

5 comments:

Tamber said...

I think it is so cool that you have so many fun and exciting places so close.

janae said...

Yay for a fun trip!! I'm sad we won't make it up to Rhode Island. From here it is just a tad too far. But I'm sad to miss the state! :)

Unknown said...

way to be fun and spontaneous brandon!! it's so cool to have places like that in driving distance.

Tara said...

That is so neat you can hop in the car and go to so many fun places! I am jealous! Road trips can be so much fun!

Mel-o-drama said...

I love Saturday get-aways - so much that I opted for no softball, soccer and lacrosse this spring so we can have a few. Enjoy them now, wish Hot-lanta was only a daytrip away :)