Sunday, January 18, 2009

So scary

Yesterday while Brandon was home teaching I was enjoying some peace and quiet while the boys played in their bedroom. When it had been quiet for too long I went to find the boys. I found them in my room, of course, thats where they always are when they want to cause trouble. So as I am trying to get them out of my room, I notice Brayden has a mouth full of something. Lots and lots of coins. I tell him to spit them out. As he is doing that, I don't know what happened but one of the coins went the wrong way. I instantly knew what happened because of the panic on his face. He couldn't breath. I immediately started hitting him on the back and yelling at him to spit it out! Every time he would get it out he would try and take a deep breath in and it would go right back down. It was so scary. So many thoughts were going through my head at the same time. I was so scared that I would have to call 911, and what if they didn't get there in time? Should I take him to a neighbors house? Should I call Brandon first? Seriously these thoughts were all going through my head at once! Finally I saw him gag and throw up. But I didn't hear anything hit the floor. I asked him if it was still in his mouth and he said that it was. It must have just moved in his throat because he could talk and breath but it was really hurting him. All of the sudden he looked like he was going to throw up again but he was trying to hold it in so I started yelling at him to throw up and finally he did and this time I heard it hit the floor. I was so happy, especially for the fact it was a dime and not a quarter! I picked him up and just held him, I was shaking so bad. It was then I realized how bad my hand was stinging from hitting him so hard and so much! (Today he even had a bruise on his back, I feel so bad about that!) He was so cute, all he wanted was for me to wipe his face because there was still throw up on it. Thankfully he is fine now, except that sometimes he tells me that his throat hurts.
Also, Alex was so cute, he didn't know what to do so he went and got a towel and started cleaning up the throw up, so thoughtful!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Holy Crap! That would scare the LIFE out of me! I'm surprised a dime would get stuck in his throat. My little sister used to swallow pennies & they never got stuck....they just came out the other end. Thank goodness he was able to throw up & get it out!!!! Hopefully he will never put coins in his mouth again...I bet he is too scared to do that again! Give him hugs for us! Alex is so cute to wipe up the throw-up.....just adorable!

Rachel Sue said...

That is one scary mom moment! I am so glad that it had a happy ending!

Unknown said...

uhm...nightmare! seriously, that's usually the stuff that scares me awake in the night! So glad it came out and that is just adorable about Alex and the towel!!

Jen Duke said...

I totally hate moments like that. That's so scary and I'm glad everything turned out okay!

Tamber said...

wow, I am totally freaked out right now. I think I am going to go put all of my coins really really high up. I am glad everything turned out okay.

Mel-o-drama said...

yikes - I know the feeling after doing the heimlich on Ellie last year with her shredded wheat. So glad it was only a close call, kiss those little mischief makers for us!