Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome to Greenwich


Blue Sky had a open house for their new offices today. It was fun to get a tour and see some things from Ice Age 3, and also some art from the next movie. They haven't announced it yet so apparently we aren't allowed to say anything else about the new movie. I always love going to see whatever Brandon is working on, I gotta say he pretty much has the coolest job ever!

http://nicktoonsnetwork.nick.com/nnaf/viewshorts.jhtml?tab=1&playlist=106712&video=106711">href="http://nicktoonsnetwork.nick.com/nnaf/viewshorts.jhtml?tab=1&playlist=106712&video=106711">http://nicktoonsnetwork.nick.com/nnaf/viewshorts.jhtml?tab=1&playlist=106712&video=106711

This link will take you to Pajama Gladiator. This was not Brandon's senior film. But the summer after his Junior year most of the seniors had gotten jobs and moved on so a handful of people including Brandon finished the movie. During this time, I never saw him. We are talking like 80 hour work weeks. It was s hard but fun time for us. The link if from the Nicktoons Animation Festival, it won the Producer's Choice Award, and also the Viewer's Choice Award. I would have put this on sooner but I only recently found the link. So here it is for everyone that has wanted to see it.

7 comments:

janae said...

I'm so glad you found me!! We love Pajama Gladiator, by the way. We saw it a few months ago when it won at Nicktoons. How fun that your hubby worked on it! So is Brandon a lighting artist? What does he do at Blue Sky? (I'll subscribe to your comments, so if you want to just answer back by commenting on this post, I'll get it emailed to me.)

Okay, but seriously, I am really glad you found me. I've been wondering about you lately. I hope you like it back east. We've been in Baltimore for not quite a year and we love it! I can't wait to catch up on you!

janae said...

Blast. I forgot to subscribe to the comments (even after I wrote that I would!) So I'm doing it now. :)

Laura said...

Right now at Blue Sky he is a TA which basically means he makes 2 programs talk to each other so they can put the movie together. He also gets trained on Lighting and in June when Ice Age 3 is done he will move officially into lighting.
We moved to Connecticut in November. We love everything except our downstairs neighbor. Once we are able to move we will love it a whole lot more!
How long will you guys be back east? What is your husband studying?

Unknown said...

so totally 'RYAN'!!

janae said...

Very exciting about his moving up to lighting! We actually met two guys in Sam's uncle's ward who work at Blue Sky. (David Dibble and Hans Something-or-other. In the off chance that you know them. :) I'm sorry you have a bad neighbor! Are you guys gonna buy a house eventually? Or a townhouse? Or just rent for a while. We are renting here and luckily struck gold with the neighbors. We love our place.

Sam studied film and illustration at BYU, and is doing a master's program called Communications Design, which is basically writing and design combined. His emphasis is on illustration and storyboarding. He finishes in May, so we'll be applying for the studios pretty soon. (You know, Aardman, Blue Sky, Pixar, etc.) We'll cross our fingers something works out! :)

lisa eborn said...

Brandon definetly has the coolest job ever. i am so impressed with all that he has accomplished. Especially, the beautiful family he has. I was looking on a map to see how close you were to my cousin that lives in mamaroneck, NY and i think you are really close. there names are Allen and Becky Barney. I hope you run into them sometime. they are great! Good luck with all you do!!
Lisa Eborn

Nicki said...

I'm sure proud of you, Brandon. You've made a pretty amazing life for yourself. So, there is a small chance we may move to Cape Cod. How far away is that from you guys?