Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Brayden Turns 3!

Brayden turned 3 on Saturday! I couldn't believe it! He is so big and we have come so far!





This is what Brayden looked like at 1 hour old. He had some trouble breathing. It is still hard to think about those days in the hospital. I remember saying that I would not leave the hospital with out my baby. Thankfully I didn't have to. I was released a day earlier than him, but the hospital was nice enough to let me stay in my room until the next morning when he was given the green light to go home. I have a soap box about all the tubes and stuff, but it boils down to the fact that I am just grateful that Brayden is now healthy.




The festivities started the Monday before his birthday when we had a joint birthday party with Wally. (They are only 6 days apart) We went to moms, had yummy dinner, cake, presents, and of course a pinata! It was so much fun!




Because we had already celebrated with the family, and Brayden's party with his friends isn't for another week or so, (he is having another joint birthday party with Emma) we were able to spend the whole day with just our little family! It was so much fun! We started out the day with a car wash, Brayden's second favorite thing to do with his daddy! We let him vaccum the car, which is his favorite thing about the car wash! Then we went to the driving range so they could go "golfing" together, this is Brayden's number one most favorite thing to do with his daddy! I wish I had a picture of this. It is so cute to watch them together. I can't imagine being happier than when I watch them together! It is also funny because Brayden has his own set of plastic golf clubs he that insists on bringing with him to the real golf course! Hilarious! Then we went to the Kangaroo Zoo (a play place with a bunch of inflatable slides), both the kids had a blast, both of the parents had a really good work out chasing them around and climbing up the inflatable slides with the boys! Then Amber and Mike joined us for dinner.
It was such a good day and it made me so grateful for my family, and on this day especially Brayden! So long Terrible Twos!!

No comments: