Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ice Age 3 Premiere

Last night Brandon and I went to NYC to attend the Ice Age 3 Premiere. It was one of the coolest things I have ever done! We took the train in with some friends, and walked to the theater. I am so glad Brandon insisted I get some flat sandals. I really wanted to wear my favorite heels, but I never would have made it. While we stood in line it rained on us, we didn't have umbrellas so that was fun, but at least it wasn't hot. When we got inside we had to check all cell phones and cameras. We put mine and Brandon's together, and at the end of the night when we picked them up, they had lost my cell phone. It was a mess!
The movie was great, everyone should go see it! It was so awesome watching it with everyone that cared so much about it. I was so proud to see Brandon's name on the credits. It has been a long time coming, and it was well worth the wait.
Afterward, we walked from the theater to the Wrap party at a private club. I will just say this, it was a blast! Nightclubs clearly aren't our scene but it was so great to sit and hang out and celebrate with everyone. When the party was over we had to walk back to Grand Central Station to catch our train. We all wished we would have taken a taxi, it was a long long walk! All in all I think we walked over 2.5 miles, which doesn't really sound like a lot, but in sandals with this pregnant belly, I am barely moving today!


Also, a HUGE thank you to our good friends the Hoyt's. It was their Anniversary and they spent the night watching our kids so we could go and enjoy ourselves. THANK YOU!!!!!

7 comments:

Brammer Family said...

How Fun! Seriously, who gets to go to things like this? What a fun memory!

Unknown said...

So fun! My kids cannot wait to see that movie. It is always fun to get away without kids!

Tamber said...

It looks like you had a blast. That is so cool that Brandon's name is on the credits. I will have to keep my eye out for that when we go. How is everything. How are you feeling. I miss you!

janae said...

Congratulations! That is so, so, so exciting! What a fun date. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! So nice to have 'night out on the town'--literally! Such a practical husband with the flat shoe - I think I would've wanted to wear heels too. :D Hope that baby is treatin you right!

Nicki said...

Wow, you guys are living the high life. I can't wait to see the movie. I will probably cry the whole time because I am so proud of you, Brandon, and I miss you.
How's the pregnancy going, Laura? Of course, these things interest me greatly because of the whole "getting a Master's degree in midwifery" thing. :)

Amanda said...

What a fun experience for you two! Congratulations, Brandon!!! My oldest (Preston) is so excited to see the movie! I'll have to watch for your name on the big screen.