Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Bumps, Bruises, and a trip to the Dentist

Anyone who knows Alex knows that he is a tough kid. He is always falling off of something that he has just climbed up. He is all boy and loves to play, and even more, loves to eat! Yesterday he was in his high chair and he told me he was all done with his lunch. So I took his tray off and put it on the counter. As I did that Alex saw one piece of his peanut butter sandwich left and he reached for it. He reached too far and started to fall. I reached out to grab him and I missed and he fell. Hard. He hit his upper gums on the bottom of his high chair. I thought he was ok, until I saw blood on his arm. Then I saw it all over his face, and then all over my shirt. Of course I freaked out. I had a neighbor hold him so I could see where the blood was coming from. I decided he needed to go to the doctor. Oh yeah, then I realized I didn't have a car. Brandon had to drive the carpool so he had it. So I called my mom and she came down. The bleeding had stopped so we decided not to take him in right then. Later, we saw Alex's Uncle Dr. and he told us that he should probably see a dentist because we could see his tooth being exposed. The tooth hasn't even cut yet! Uh, yeah, I was freaked out again. So I took him to the dentist first thing this morning and the dentist said it would just heal and it didn't need stitches. I am not completely convinced yet but we will watch it and see. If I can get him to hold still long enough I will post a picture of it, its a pretty good battle wound!

4 comments:

napnotes said...

Yikes! I'm glad to here sweet Alex is okay.

napnotes said...

I meant hear (not here). I'm brain dead.

Rachel Sue said...

Poor babY! Poor Mama! Sometimes I think those battle wounds the babies get heal faster than the mental ones the mommies get. Hope that both heal quickly!

Adventurous Housewife said...

You are such a trooper! I'm so impressed with what a neat Mommy you are to your boys.